Student and Parents Surveys
For apartment communities near universities and colleges, J Turner Research offers specialized housing surveys to identify the services and amenities important to students and their parents, and to look for opportunities of improving the move-in/ move-out process. Measuring students’ attitudes enables management to make adjustments and improve profitability and long-term stability in a changing marketplace.
A recent study shows that 23% of parents will visit their kids at least 11 times during the semester. In a decade where parents influence has never been greater our parent surveys can give you a unique insight into your community’s performance and great marketing strategies.
Our Student/Parent Housing Surveys:
- Identify key property, policy, or personnel areas in need of improvement
- Use results to judge which changes will positively affect your community
- Compare your properties to national student housing companies and properties
- Improve your development’s value perception
How it Works
There are three parts to the J Turner Research student housing survey system: resident, prospect, and parent surveys:
- Residents are surveyed in the fall at move-in and in the spring about renewal via email. The move-in survey seeks a student’s first impressions and motivations in choosing your community. The spring survey examines perceptions of maintenance, quality of living conditions, amenities, the grounds and staff at the community and renewal potential.
- Prospects are surveyed soon after a visit and a copy of the completed survey is immediately sent to your in-box. Monthly trend reports and online survey result access lets you review community analyses and compare your prospects’ answers with national averages.
- Parents are surveyed via email at a month after the student move in, because of their financial and emotional influence with the student. You receive a detailed report of each survey providing a unique insight into your community’s pros and cons from the parents’ perspective. The survey also has the option for parents to request contact from management to address any questions or issues.
- Increase renewal likelihood and students’ brand loyalty
- Capture perceptions at peak times – move-in/move-out
- Identify areas of improvement to enhance students’ housing experiences
- Ensure students’ feel respected and heard
Contact J Turner today for a pricing quote on Student Parent Surveys
Resident Reports Included:
- Fall Move-In and Spring Renewal Studies – Measure perceptions on move-in regarding the onsite staff, apartment layout, amenities, and helpfulness of the resident advisor as well as what attracted the student to the property.
Prospect Reports Included:
- QuickPulse Reports – Next-day anonymous feedback each time a prospect completes an online survey provides indexes in three categories: Leasing Agent, Value Perception, and Marketability of the property; includes information on the competition and referral sources
- Prospect Trend Reports – Monthly side-by-side comparison of each property and to company averages; measures trends regarding personnel, pricing, value perception and marketability
- Online Quick Pulse Reports - Tabulates all prospect responses for quick viewing, especially useful for area and district managers; sort responses and drill-down to actual survey responses, if necessary
- Parent Reports - Summarize the parent responses to each survey
To order the Student Surveys or for more information about our products and services please call 281-558-4840 or email email@example.com.
Request a Demo
Learn what your residents and prospects think about your property. Schedule a WebEx demo and see how J Turner’s easy to read operational intelligence can optimize your operating and marketing initiatives. Contact J Turner Research today to schedule a demo by phone 281-558-4840 x301 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.