Last Updated: 07/21/2020
- HOW WE COLLECT AND USE INFORMATION
We may collect personal information as follows:
- When you interact with our Site, or utilize our services. We may collect personal information when you use or interact with our Site, create an account, or otherwise utilize our services.
- When you communicate with us or sign up for materials. We may collect personal information when you communicate with us, including when you submit information through the Site, submit inquiries, or request information from us. We may also collect personal information when you subscribe to our newsletter or sign up to receive promotions, offers, updates, or other information.
- When you choose to submit personal information in connection with a survey. We generally do not require survey participants to submit personal information when completing a survey that we administer on behalf of our customers. However, in certain cases, survey participants may choose to submit information, such as their name and contact information (for example, when a survey participant submits a question or concern through the survey and requests to be contacted). Participation in the surveys we administer is voluntary.
- When you engage with our online communities and forums. We may collect personal information when you engage with our online communities, blogs, and forums, including any information you may provide through your interaction with or participation in our social media pages and groups. Please note that online forums may be publicly accessible and other users may view information you post in the forums. We encourage you to exercise care in deciding what information and content you wish to disclose on the areas of the Site that are accessible to the general public.
- When we collect data from third parties or publicly-available sources. We may obtain certain data about you from third-party sources, including our customers, to provide and improve the Services. For example, we receive contact information from customers in order to administer surveys on our customer’s behalf. Our use of information collected from or on behalf of our customers is governed by our contract with that customer.
- to perform our contractual obligations and take steps in response to information or inquiries you may submit prior to entering into a contract with us;
- to develop, provide, and improve the Site and services, including to better tailor the features, performance, and support of our services, for statistical and analytics purposes, and for marketing and advertising purposes;
- to communicate with you regarding the services and to address and respond to your requests;
- for fraud, loss, and other crime prevention purposes, to assist in the investigation of suspected illegal or wrongful activity, and to protect and defend our rights, interests, and property, or the rights or safety of third parties;
- to enforce agreements or to comply with laws, regulators, court orders, or other legal obligations, or pursuant to legal process.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, vendors, and other third parties we use to support our business and provide the services, including for technical and processing functions, technical support, analytics, and for marketing and advertising purposes.
- To our business customers, in certain circumstances. As noted above, we generally do not require survey participants to submit personal information when completing a survey that we administer on behalf of our customers. However, in certain cases, we may collect and share personal information with our customers, such as when requested by the survey participant. For example, when a survey participant submits a question or concern through the survey and requests to be contacted, we will share the participant’s contact information so that the customer can address the participant’s request.
We may also disclose personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce agreements, including for billing and collection purposes, and to assert and defend against legal claims.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of our company, our customers, or other third parties, and to investigate, detect, or prevent against fraud or other illegal activity.
A “cookie” is a small text file that a web server stores in browser software. A browser sends cookies to a server when the browser makes a connection to the server (for example, when requesting a web page from the same domain that created the cookie). The purpose of cookies is to remember the browser over time and distinguish one browser instance (or user) from all others. Some cookies and other technologies may serve to track personal information previously entered by a web user on the Site. Most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them, and how to remove them. Cookies can remember login information, preferences, and similar information.
Cookies, as well as other tracking technologies, such as HTML5 local storage, and Local Shared Objects (such as “Flash” cookies), and similar mechanisms, may record information such as a unique identifier, information you enter in a form, IP address, and other categories of data. We may also use web beacons or “pixels,” and in certain circumstances may collect IP address, screen resolution, browser software, and operating system types, clickstream patterns, dates and times that our site is accessed, and other categories of data.
If you want to block the use and saving of cookies from the Site on to the computer’s hard drive, you should take the necessary steps within your web browser’s settings to block all cookies from the Site and its external serving vendors. Please note that if you choose to erase or block your cookies, certain parts of our Site may not function correctly. For information on how to disable cookies, refer to your browser’s documentation.
- INTEREST-BASED ADVERTISING
Interest-based advertising is advertising that is targeted to you based on your web browsing and app usage over time and across websites or apps. You have the option to restrict the use of information for interest-based advertising and to opt-out of receiving interest-based ads.
The opt-outs for interest-based advertising require that strictly necessary cookies are not blocked by the settings in your web browser. We support the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising of the Digital Advertising Alliance in the U.S., the Canadian Digital Advertising Alliance in Canada, and the European Digital Advertising Alliance>in the EU. If you live in the United States, Canada, or the European Union, you can visit Ad Choices (US), Your Ad Choices (Canada), or Your Online Choices (EU) to find a convenient place to opt-out of interest-based advertising with participating entities for each region. These websites also provide detailed information about how interest-based advertising works. Opting out does not mean that you will no longer receive advertising from us, or when you use the Internet. It just means that the data collected from our website will not be used for interest-based advertising and that the advertising you see displayed on websites will not be customized to your interests.
- DO NOT TRACK
Do-Not-Track is a public-private initiative that has developed a “flag” or signal that an Internet user may activate in the user’s browser software to notify websites that the user does not wish to be “tracked” by third-parties as defined by the initiative. The online community has not agreed on what actions, if any, should be taken by the websites that receive the “do not track” signal, and therefore Do-Not-Track is not yet standardized. Please note that the Site does not alter its behavior or use practices when we receive a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
- Information from Children Under 13 Years of Age
We do not knowingly collect information from individuals under the age of 13 years without parental consent. If you become aware that an individual under 13 years of age has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that an individual under 13 years has provided us with personal information without parental consent, we will take steps to remove the data as permitted by law.
- UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS PREFERENCES
If you would like to update or make changes to your information, please contact us at email@example.com. Registered Users can also make changes within their account settings.
If you would like to stop receiving newsletters or other marketing or promotional messages, notifications, or updates, you may do so by following the unsubscribe instructions that appear in these e-mail communications, or you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to opt-out of direct marketing. Please be advised that you may not be able to opt-out of receiving certain service or transactional messages from us, including legal notices.
- LINKS TO OTHER SITES
- DATA SECURITY
We implement technical and organizational security measures designed to secure and protect personal information. Please note, however, we cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with the storage and transmission of personal information.
- TRANSFER OF DATA
Please note that if you are visiting the Site from outside of the United States, your information may be transferred to, stored, and/or processed in the United States. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. If you are located outside of the United States, the transfer of personal information may be necessary to provide you with the requested information, products, and services and/or to perform any requested transaction. By using any portion of the Site, you acknowledge and consent to the transfer of your information to our facilities in the United States.
- UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
- CONTACT INFORMATION
J TURNER Research
14811 St. Mary’s Lane, Suite 140
Houston, TX 77079