EdR is the number one student housing company in online reputation in the nation, with an impressive ORA™ score of 62. In a candid conversation, Matt Sadler, Marketing Manager, EdR shared his expert insights into the company's policies and processes to communicate with Generation Z and to maintain a stellar online reputation.
His top ten tips for success:
1. Speak their language - Communicate with Gen Z in a timely manner via a platform of their choice.
2. Active involvement - Be actively involved in all online conversations.
3. Rock solid operations - Offer unmatched level of customer service and timely resolution of situations.
4. Top down approach - Get everyone on board with training, policies and resources.
5. ORM and staff trainings - Incorporate online reputation management into the new staff training programs.
6. Team work - Digital Support Specialists or corporate communications team to work together with onsite community staff.
7. Go all out - Respond to and acknowledge all reviews - positive or negative.
8. Testimonial advantage - Integrate testimonials into company sales collaterals.
9. Be genuine - No cover-ups to remove existing comments or posting of fake reviews.
10. Parents are important - Create a dedicated section with resident testimonials and all information for parents on your website.
Generation Z will soon make up the majority of student renters. It is important to learn the best way to communicate with them and their parents.
For more than 35 years, Joseph Batdorf has contributed to the multifamily industry with his entrepreneurship and vision to introduce path-breaking solutions that directly impact a company’s bottom line.
In 2003, Joseph Batdorf partnered with experts in marketing research to co-found J Turner Research. The company offers customer insights that empower multifamily companies to advance their business. With its extensive portfolio of products - survey programs and online reputation assessment (ORA™) score, J Turner Research enables clients to enhance customer satisfaction, increase closing ratios, improve online reputation, and optimize resources. J Turner Research surveys more than 170,000 residents and prospects and tracks the online reputation of more than 59,000 properties nationwide, across all review sites on a monthly basis.
In his role as J Turner Research’s president, Batdorf oversees the company’s strategic growth. He has been engaged as a panelist and presenter in the industry for several years. Batdorf’s various speaking engagements include presenting in the 2009, 2010, 2012 NAA Education Conference, 2010 NAA Student Housing Conference, and participating as a panelist for the Multifamily Executive’s General Session on Concept Community for five consecutive years since 2012. He currently serves on the Houston Better Government Fund. Batdorf graduated from the Michigan State University.